- Have you created or gotten access (claimed) to your business profile on Google?
- Have you verified the profile?
- Post failed or was not published
- Multiple images and video
- Google has disabled posting for some businesses
- How to delete a post in Google business profile?
- Why Google stats don't match with stats in Hookle?
- Cannot connect due to the error "disallowed user-agent"?
- ERROR CODE: Requested entity was not found
- ERROR CODE: Creating/Updating a local post is not authorized for this location
Have you created or gotten access (claimed) to your business profile on Google?
You need to create or get access (you might need to get access in case Google had already created automatically a profile for your business, such as restaurants and hotels) to a business profile on Google to be able to manage how your business information appears across Google, including Search and Maps. Read on how to create or get access to your business profile on Google.
Have you verified the profile?
To update info on your Google profile, you must first verify your business. Verification is also mandatory to be able to publish and see statistics for your Google business profile in Hookle.
Post failed or was not published
Are you using the right image ratio?
The post might fail if you publish content that Google won't allow to be published. The most common reason for failed posts is the image ratio you can post to your business profile. The recommended size is 720 (width) x 540 (height) pixels. The minimum is 250 x 250 pixels.
After publishing, you can still edit (or delete) the picture in your Business Profile on Google Maps. To do so, sign in to Google business console and choose the post you want to update. Besides the picture, you can also modify other information regarding the post.
Learn more about:
- Photo guidelines and restrictions on Google's official business listing website.
- Content guidelines for Google Business Profile updates
See also error codes to troubleshoot more.
Multiple images and video
Unfortunately, you cannot send multiple images or videos using Hookle as Google API doesn't currently support uploading videos or multiple images. However, you can use Google Maps if you need to post multiple images/videos to your Google Business Profile.
Google has disabled posting for some businesses
Are you part of a chain or franchise
Unfortunately, you cannot post to your Google business profile that has more than 10 locations (franchise or chain) as Google has disabled the posting feature in their API.
Lodging businesses, such as hotels and hostels
Unfortunately, you cannot post to your Google business profile if you are in the lodging business (such as hotels and hostels) as Google has disabled the feature. However, you can still connect and manage your Google profile in Hookle.
Please subscribe to our newsletter and we will inform you as soon as any of these above becomes available in Hookle.
How to delete a post in Google business profile?
First sign in to the Google business console. Then choose the post and click delete on the menu.
With Hookle, you cannot currently delete a post that is already published to your Google business profile. We will introduce the delete feature in the future. Please subscribe to our newsletter to stay informed!
Why I cannot see Google stats in Hookle?
Google has implemented new restrictions on the accessibility of insights for posts published in Google Business Profile. Learn more here.
Cannot connect due to the error "disallowed user-agent"?
For security reasons, Google won't let connections if your browser is disabled. If it's disabled, you will get a "Disallowed User-Agent" error. To fix this, enable the browser in your phone: Settings-> Apps -> Chrome -> Enable.
ERROR CODE: Requested entity was not found
This error occurs when you don't have access to the Google Business Profile (invalid access token or user access has been revoked etc). Please make sure you have claimed Google Business Profile. Then re-authenticate by login in to your Google Business Profile, and reconnecting your Google Business Profile to Hookle.
ERROR CODE: Creating/Updating a local post is not authorized for this location
Please go to your Google Business Profile in the Google Maps app:
- Do you see Create post button for the "Updates" tab?
- If not (means you're not allowed to create posts) you need to check that you have appropriate permission in the Business Profile settings. Publishing permissions are available to the Primary owner, owner, manager, or Communications manager.
In some cases, Google has disabled posting for some businesses, see more information here.