- The post was not published
- Cannot connect Facebook to Hookle (or change credentials)
- Pages or groups are not appearing when you are trying to select them
- Have you done changes to your Facebook settings?
- Give Hookle all the necessary permissions
- How to delete a post on Facebook?
- Why send button is disabled
- ERROR CODE: Unsupported request - method type: post
- ERROR CODE: This post is identical to the last one you published
- ERROR CODE: No permission to post to a group
- ERROR CODE: Please reduce the amount of data you’re asking for
- ERROR CODE: You're restricted from acting as your Page until you complete Page Publishing Authorization
- ERROR CODE: (#200) permission error
Post was not published (or Failed with an error code)
Reconnect the account:
Your connected Facebook Page or Group access token might have expired. To fix that, reconnect your accounts.
Set up two-factor authentication:
You should have two-factor authentication set up for your Facebook account. Facebook requires this extra security to help protect your assets if your Page is in Business Manager. In some cases, besides two-factor authentication, you also need to confirm your location to be able to publish posts. Learn more about two-factor authentication and location confirmation requirements as well as how to enable them.
Reset Hookle in your Facebook Business Integrations:
Sometimes just reconnecting accounts is not enough, and you need to remove Hookle from your Facebook Business Integrations (Facebook -> Settings -> Business Integrations -> Hookle -> Remove). Then go back to Hookle and (re)connect your Facebook pages/groups again to Hookle.
Facebook does not allow some facebook links (such as facebook.com, fb.watch, etc) to be published to their platform.
Cannot connect Facebook to Hookle (or change credentials)
The browser might remember the credentials of your previously logged Facebook accounts. Thus, make sure you authenticate and reconnect accounts with the right credentials if you are using multiple different Facebook accounts. See the instructions on how to connect, check and change the used Facebook account.
For security reasons, sometimes Facebook won't allow connections if your browser is disabled. If it's disabled, you will get a "Login into Facebook from an embedded browser is disabled" error. To fix this, enable the browser in your phone: Settings-> Apps -> Chrome -> Enable.
On some Android devices, you might need to set Chrome as the default browser.
Pages or groups are not appearing when you are trying to select them
Try following if the Facebook page or group you want to add is not appearing in Hookle:
- Ensure you have adequate permissions on the page/group itself before you add it to Hookle. See what to do before you connect Facebook Page or Facebook group to Hookle
- Verify in your Facebook account's Business Integrations that Hookle has access to manage all of your pages and groups. Use this link to go to your account’s business integrations. If you see any lists of Facebook pages/groups that you own in the Hookle integration settings, make sure they are all selected, and then click save. If there are no lists, it means all your pages or groups are already selected.
Have you done changes to your Facebook settings?
Changes to settings might result in token expiration. To fix that, reconnect your accounts. Make sure you accept all the required permissions while reconnecting accounts to Hookle.
Give Hookle all the necessary permissions
Click this link or go to Facebook — Settings & Privacy — Settings — Business Integrations (left panel) — Hookle — View and edit.
How to delete a post on Facebook?
First sign in to the Facebook app. Then choose the picture and click delete on the menu.
With Hookle, you cannot currently delete a post that is already published on Facebook. We will introduce the delete feature in the future. Please subscribe to our newsletter to stay informed!
Why send button is disabled
Please check first that you have a Facebook account selected. You also need to add content as you cannot send an empty message.
You will find an error code/description in the details view of the failed post if your post has failed. Find different error codes and how to fix them below.
Unfortunately, there is a bug on the Facebook end that sometimes (very seldom though) causes a post to fail. Facebook has dedicated an engineering team to fix this issue. If you get this error, please retry your post: open the post details -> click 3-dots -> Retry.
No permission to post to a group
No permission to post to a group. Ensure you have Admin rights and added Hookle as an app to the group. Or. Insufficient permission to post to group.
You need to add Admin rights and Hookle as an App to your Facebook Group.
Please reduce the amount of data you’re asking for
Please reduce the amount of data you’re asking for, then retry your request.
This is a known Facebook bug. According to Facebook, the cause is their servers running out of memory. Many reports indicate that the problem is caused when including mentions in your post.
Sometimes the post is published successfully to your Facebook, even though Hookle shows the post failed. You should check your Facebook to see if the post was published or not, and take action accordingly.
To fix the issue: Retry publish your post. If it continues to fail, Facebook is probably unable to publish the post as is. In such case, try posting natively on Facebook, or scheduling the post and adding the mention by hand afterward.
. Follow these instructions toget authorized.
ERROR CODE: (#200) permission error
(#200) permission error.
Unfortunately, there is a bug on the Facebook end that sometimes causes a post to fail to the Facebook Group. Facebook has dedicated an engineering team to fix this issue. Fixing the issue will probably take a while, and we'll let users know as soon as it has been fixed.