Why do accounts need reconnecting?
Your social accounts are connected to Hookle using tokens from each social network. When a token expires, you must reconnect (re-authenticate) that social account.
Tokens expire usually from time to time due to social networks forcing tokens to expire as a security measure. When your account token expires (red icon), your posts will fail, Timeline won’t load, the account avatar won't update, and statistics are not available for that account/posts.
How to reconnect an account?
Warning: do not disconnect your account, just reconnect instead. Otherwise, you might lose your scheduled/drafted posts and aggregated posts will be separated into separate posts.
- Go to Settings -> Social accounts, click the specific account and select Reconnect account
- Enter the social account username/password and re-authorize the connection to Hookle
- Your account is now reconnected
Not able to reconnect?
Make sure you have:
- Right credentials (email and password) for your social account. Especially, in the case the device or browser automatically suggest credentials.
- For Facebook and Instagram reconnections: the browser might remember the credentials of your previously logged Facebook accounts. Thus, make sure you authenticate and reconnect Facebook/Instagram with the right credentials if you are using multiple different Facebook accounts. See the instructions on how to check and change the used Facebook account.
- Facebook Admin permissions for the Page if reconnecting a Facebook Page
- Not exceeded the maximum number of accounts allowed for your plan type.
Contact us if you still experiencing problems.