Before you connect
To be able to see insights and enable publishing to a group you need to:
- Be Admin of that specific Group. Make sure that you have an Admin role for the Facebook group. Learn more about Facebook Group Management for Admins.
- Add Hookle as an app to the Group on your computer (Facebook does not support the flow on Facebook mobile). See instructions.
Ensure also that you have enabled all permissions to post to a group in your Facebook Business Integrations. See instruction if pages or groups are not appearing when you are trying to select them.
Note: It is not possible to connect Groups that you are only a member of. Learn more about Facebook Group roles here.
Note: When you publish posts to a Facebook Group through Hookle, they will always appear as if posted by the member who originally linked the Group to Hookle. This means if other users, who also have access to this Group on Hookle, schedule and publish posts, these posts will still appear as if you, the one who set up the connection, made them.
Steps to add Hookle as an app
1. Open facebook.com on your computer. Go to Groups -> Select the Group -> Settings -> Manage Advanced Settings -> Apps -> Click edit (pen icon).
2. Click Add apps (blue button). Scroll down if you don't see the blue button.
3. Search Hookle -> Select and Add -> You're done! You might need to reconnect the Facebook Group in Hookle to see statistics.
Connect the Facebook Group to Hookle
Facebook Group is connected similarly to Hookle as Facebook Page.
Due to the Facebook limitations, posts of a Facebook Group, that were published outside of Hookle will not be shown in Hookle. Thus, you cannot see insights either.