Hookle offers you an easy way to monitor your social media performance. Note that you need to connect social accounts to Hookle to be able to see your performance.
The Social Score (81 in the picture) indicates your performance on social media as one simple metric in your dashboard. You can also view the total number of posts made, the overall reach, and the number of reactions received over the last 30 days.
Click the Social Score to view your social media performance trend for the last 30 days. This provides a quick overview on the dashboard to track your progress and assess your activity on social channels.
To access detailed statistics, click on 'Stats' at the bottom of your dashboard. Here, you'll find account-specific information such as the number of posts published, audience reach, and audience reactions over the past 30 days. You can also compare these figures to the previous 30-day period.
Review daily performance over the last 30 days by tapping the chart and sliding your finger along the trend line. This helps pinpoint significant changes on specific dates. For instance, if you notice a spike in reactions on a particular day, it might be a good opportunity to reshare or schedule similar posts.
- Twitter: Reach is not available due to Twitter limitations.
- LinkedIn: Reach and reactions are not available for LinkedIn Profiles due to LinkedIn limitations.
- Pinterest: Reach and reactions are not available for Pinterest boards due to Pinterest's limitations.
- Google Business Profiles: Posts, reach, and reactions are not available for unverified Google Business Profiles
- Facebook Groups: Posts, reach, and reactions are not available for Facebook Groups
- TikTok: Posts, reach, and reactions are not available for Facebook Groups
Please note that certain statistics data are currently unavailable in the Statistics view due to limitations imposed by social platforms. We apologize for this inconvenience and are actively collaborating with the platforms to provide as comprehensive statistics as possible.
- If any account insights show red it might indicate it's time to publish or schedule a new post
- If the account is expired (red disconnected icon), click the icon to reconnect.
- To stay engaged with your audience and keep your channels active, enable notifications for both inactivity and significant performance drops.
- You can see the post-specific statistics in the post-details view
- Read more from the blog post: How to use social media statistics to grow your business’s impact